Do mismatched teeth bother you every second of the day? Could you use a fix? Of course, you could change the shape or length of a tooth to match the surrounding teeth. That is an option to improve the overall appearance of your smile by getting teeth reshaping from a dentist. Learn more about this solution and why you should consider shaping your teeth.
The Rundown on Teeth Reshaping
Also called dental contouring, teeth reshaping is a cosmetic procedure that removes tiny enamel pieces to change the shape, length, or surface. This is often done to correct crooked or cracked teeth but can also be used to decrease overlaps, create a rounded appearance, and enhance the uniformity of your smile.
The Process of Reshaping
To get your teeth contoured, you just stop by the dentist before work, and in less than an hour, your teeth will look better. First, x-rays of your teeth will be taken to evaluate your enamel. If the condition seems solid, the dentist will then cut away at a small amount of the tooth, using a drill or laser to make the modifications you want until the look is right. After the alteration is complete, the dentist will polish your teeth to make sure they look smooth.
Reasons for Reshaping
This is what you’ve been waiting for, so let’s get right to it then. If you’ve ever been unsure about getting this procedure, here are valid reasons for teeth reshaping sessions:
- Aesthetics: Some people are embarrassed by the appearance of their teeth and seek out ways to change their looks. Teeth reshaping can be accomplished in several ways. One option is to have dental veneers applied by a dentist, which can alter the appearance of one or more teeth for a much better look.
- Painless: One way in which this procedure differs from similar ones is that dental veneers will not create any tooth sensitivity issues or cause other problems. People who try to solve the same problem with bonding can find that they never get the same benefits they want because of its drawbacks.
- Affordable: All costs associated with dental veneers are relatively inexpensive and range from $50 to $300 per tooth. People considering having this procedure done can find dentists in their area who can provide them with all the necessary services at a reasonable cost.
- No Need for Anesthesia: Another benefit of teeth reshaping is that it does not require anesthesia for most people. For those uncomfortable with being put under for dental procedures, this is one way teeth reshaping stands out from similar practices.
- Another benefit of teeth reshaping is that people will still be able to eat as they need to since this procedure does not involve removing any parts of teeth, grinding down teeth, or removing any tooth structure.
- Simpler reasons include:
- You have uneven teeth
- You have one tooth longer than the others
- Some teeth have bumps in them
- Some of your teeth are chipped or cracked.
- You want your smile to look better while maintaining subtlety.
Teeth contouring is usually combined with other cosmetic dental treatments, such as teeth whitening and bonding, to address more significant issues with one appointment. Veneers are also used in conjunction to correct slightly larger imperfections. So when it comes to your smile, invest in perfect pearly whites with a much-needed tooth reshaping session with your dentist.
Contact us today and book your appointment if you need a dentist in Chelmsford, MA! Our chief doctor, Michael Sargent, DDS, has been serving families in Massachusetts by improving and maintaining their oral health. Visit us online and schedule your visit!